Monday, April 8, 2019

Been a while

I have been sewing just not a lot of anything different. We wallpapered and it took time away from sewing also. The paper went up in my living room and hallway. 
These are 6 inch string blocks made with 1.5 inch strings cut from neutrals I bought. The online store is www.quiltedtwins.com. They have Kaffe and Grunge at reduce prices with $6 shipping. Great service. Plus they have close to 150 different 108inch wide backing fabrics at $8.49-$10 a yard.
I bought three separate half yard bundles and cut strips off of the pieces and started stitching
They will be used with colored string blocks to make stars with string blocks. More blocks need to be made.  

This is the blocks I had a stack of in the last post. I have been connecting them into rows and not the long rows are getting sewn together. I think you can see the QAYG method of stitching I did on the blocks for quilting them.

Here are the 4 of 10 rows sewn together with the long rows. This will be a queen sized quilt for my Granddaughter who turns 20 next month. I need to get this done because I have to mail it to KY. 

Hope your weather is warming up. Snow/rain mix is expected in a couple days. In the 70's today and the sun is out. Chris

No comments: