Saturday, October 12, 2019

Commissioned Quilt

My new neighbor saw the quilt I made for my Granddaughter and she fell in love with it. According to her husband that is all she talked about for days was that quilt. He asked me if I could make one for their King sized bed. 
I ordered the backing and the sashing fabrics and a whole roll of batting. I have been cutting and sewing off and on for a couple months.

My husband got sick and the days of sewing were not coming as often. I had the 16-patches all sewn and started with the 2 inch strips around the 16-patches. I still have a few more to do, but wanted to be sure I was not over saturated with to many blues of reds so I stopped and started adding the red/pink strip which is 1.5 inches wide. 

Today I started cutting the backing and batting pieces and thought I might as well sew some off and on to get this farther along. 

I moved a sewing machine into the dining area because my husband has been sleeping a lot. I couldn't hear him is he needed me. 

It has worked out pretty good so far. I have until Christmas to complete this. I would like to get it done before that time if I could. 

I hope you are not in the real cold weather with snow. We had frost on the roofs this morning. Suppose to get colder tonight. 

Chris

No comments: