Sunday, June 23, 2013

Flying by the seat of my pants and shhhhhh........... I don't have enough fabric

Darn it. I'm 10 inches to short of having enough for this last border. Now what do I do?????
I found a piece that is almost the same texture and color just a little different tone on tone white. I cut ten inches and I added it on. Shhhhhhhh! don't tell anyone. I hope after it is quilted it won't be real noticeable.
Can you squint and tell the difference? Will a teenager tell?
Now I have run out of enough for the backing so picked up another piece and will not have enough for the last border on the back. Using up a lot of pieces this way and after all it is scrap quilting. RIGHT? LOL Chris

2 comments:

Katie M. said...

I've done that a time or two...

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

I will tell no one! ;)