Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Hi, It has been awhile

Hi, how are you? I am doing ok. The saga goes on. I don't get to much time to myself anymore, but that is ok. 
I have had these blocks made for a couple years. Decided to QAYG method would work on them. 

Then a couple months later I figured out what the next step was going to be. I added sashing strips and get them all sewn together. 

Here is the quilt top so far. I cut backing strips and top strips and sewed all the blocks into rows and then connected them. I like the look this is coming out to be. I need to now figure out what kind of border widths I need and get them cut and quilted then I can do the connecting sashing again. This method is good if you can do a block  by block method of QAYG.

We have been busy doing things together to get stuff done. We are down to pulling weeds from tree seeds that have blown in. That happens each year. 

Hope you are all well and getting to your projects. I will pop in another day. Chris

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That quilt is turning out really nice. The sashing choice is good.