Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Changes

Times have changed and my satisfaction with showing my efforts in quilting are no longer necessary.

I have been a member of a Facebook page and realized it is constant competition with the next person. I have learned to satisfy myself I don't need the competition any more. I still need to satisfy just myself.

My lifestyle has changed and the efforts to write a post and find subjects to stimulate a response from anyone is more than I want to put myself through.

I have some followers from the beginning and I do appreciate them very much. The ebb and flow of blogging seems to be more than my time can support right now.

I have stepped back from being even in competition with myself and others over this. It was becoming a bad job I was beginning to hate. I love to sew, but I need to sew my way and not in competition with myself or anyone else.

I still read your blogs and  applaud your efforts.

I will just close the door on this blog but not delete it in case my mood towards my efforts changes.

Please understand I have really appreciated your comments and support over the time I was here. About 9 years of sharing has drained me and I need to focus on other things in my life.

Thank you for following me. This was my way of contributing to the quilting world. Chris

4 comments:

Hettie Pringle /Stitchingmatters said...

Chris when I started my blog I had no followers or people commenting in mind. I simply started it as a personal quilt diary, talking about what happened in my life at that given time and the quilts that went along with it. I've looked up several quilts over time and it was nice reading my own entries to see, how pregnant my DIL was at a stage, how my youngster got married, sad and fun things that happened. So don't do your blog as a lesson to anyone or a way to educate or to compete. Just do your diary of where you've been at which stage of your life. It can be so satisfying to read simply your own blog to see yourself going through highs and lows and how easily you got through the lows and now cannot imagine what the stress was all about. I don't often comment but I do read every single post, see how the little ones grow up, cause disruption and sometimes destruction and I love seeing how you start with a couple of blocks and turn these into stunning quilts. Don't stop blogging, just do it for yourself.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I agree with everything Hettie said. Use it as a diary for yourself to be able to look back and date things. You will have lots of growing things to show soon and we all love to see what you have blooming etc. It doesn't have to be a quilt related post all of the time.

Julierose said...

I agree with both Wanda and Hettie--Your blog is for YOU primarily--to document your sewing journey--and the ups and downs of life. I keep all my ideas-- good and bad, successes and failures (many of those!!) on my blog--
It is so interesting to look back and read about all the quilts you've made.

As I near 75 years old, I often forget about ideas I had or even quilts I've made and given away.. but it's all there for me on my blog...
Hope you will at least post once in a while and let us know what you are up to..I do so enjoy reading blogs...i am not on Facebook or Insta-whatever--I just blog...hugs Julierose xo

Quilting Corner said...

I agree with everyone above. I've been a follower for a long time. Please let us hear from you once in awhile. I'm a quiet person and my blog is like that. I show what the ladies make in our group so their friends/family can see what they make. There has never been competition like you have mentioned. It's just wonderful to see what others are working on and to share our quilting lives.