Monday, July 16, 2018

Still here I think

I have been sewing some. Here is a pile of 46 blocks I have machine quilted as I go. They are for a Christmas present and I really need to get the rest of them done. I think  I have 18 more to quilt. I get an hour here and there. It all adds up, but just takes a little longer. I will have to square up and then I can assemble the blocks into a quilt top. 

Not sure you can see detail, but did the quilting by the block. This will be for a Toddler and wanted it to be secure so I did a extra amount of quilting and also the sashing between will be stitched securely.

I have been trying to get caught up on cleaning and also to help out more with the outside work. Which I need to do more of. We have been experiencing a lot of heat and humidity which is hard on the old bodies.

I have been sorting and rearranging the sewing room and get more frustrated because nothing is where I want it. Like put away and ready to use. I guess I will never be a perfect organizer, or a perfect housekeeper I just have to accept that. sounds like a 12 step goal. .LOL

Today is another Monday and normal things to do. We are just sitting and waiting on test results for my son. There is a strong chance he has throat cancer and the biopsy results should be coming in the next few days. Stressed, but trying to keep busy and accomplish something.

It is about a month until school starts here and the girls are really ready for some routine in their lives again. The year marches on and yet where has it gone. I try and reflect on what has happened this year and things are changing all the time.

Hope all of you hae a Great Day. Chris


1 comment:

Julierose said...

I love quilt-as-you-go type of quilting..makes assembly much easier for my olde shoulders ;)))
Hot and very humid here too--makes me so lethargic...hugs, Julierose