Thursday, July 19, 2018

This is going to be a long post


He got some upsetting news Tuesday evening. He has throat cancer. He has had a biopsy and a PET Scan so far. We are waiting on the Dr. to return from a vacation. He has another appointment next Tuesday. We are all very bitter and angry over the diagnosis. Lots of questions.

He has a lot of things working against him. Being a firefighter he breaths all those fumes and yes he smokes to. 

We are trying to figure out why him. Which we may never know the exact reason and it is what it is. We are living each day as it comes. I am trying to let them make decisions without interfering, but that is hard because he is my only child. 

Lesson learned We have today but tomorrow isn't a given. so love your family and hold them tight for as long as you can. Life can change in a heartbeat.

 This is my therapy right now. These are the QAYG blocks I have been working on. I have started to assemble the pre-quilted blocks to make it into a completed top.
 The blocks are sewn together with the pink strips on the top and the same fabric that is on the back. This is a very secure way of stitching the finished blocks together. I have done them before with stitching the top pieces together and hand stitching the backs together. This works great because it done all by machine.
Here the back of the quilt with the seams all sewn together. It is all secure and it looks neat and finished. I am not good at doing the whole top on a domestic sewing machine, but this method really works well for my quilts.

Well this has been a long post. I am trying to stay focused and deal with small things first. My nerves are shot and I feel sorry for any other family that has any kind of illness for their loved ones. I maybe will be on here off and on to update you, but I am sure I will have kids coming to grandma's house more often.

If you are still reading this Thanks for staying with this post. Later Chris

3 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Sending hugs your way. My life is in a mess too.

Enjoy him for as long as you have him.

Julierose said...

Prayers for you your son and your family....so sorry to hear about this...
glad that you have your sewing to help keep you calmer....hugs, Julierose

Linzey Joy said...

Praying for all!