Monday, October 11, 2010

Been a cut up again

I have been working on the quilt for my son's Christmas present. I have all but 20 blocks made. I need enough for two more rows. I am down to cutting just enough pieces to finish the top. Variety at this point is important to finish the row. I sew a few and press a few to make sure I have enough to get the rows done without repeats.
This quilt has 120 9.75 inch blocks in it. He wants it more like a bedspread than a quilt. so it is longer to go over the pillow when the bed is made. I have to piece the backing on the back of the quilt. I have several pieces all in the same color value of a cranberry so it will be pieced to make it big enough. The weather has been beautiful but warm. I think we are in to be fooled over the Winter and have lots of snow. Another reason to get this quilt done for warmth. Chris

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are making good progress on this one. You might even have time to make another before Christmas at this rate.