Sunday, October 3, 2010

First Hard Frost

This is a Christmas gift for my son. My design wall is the bed. These are just the blocks laying on the bed for now. I am not sure how many more blocks I need. He wants a good drop on all sides and also a cover for the pillow. Basically he wants a bedspread size. He has a queens sizes bed.
Fall is in the air. We don't have the colored leaves as of yet, but the weather report says they are on their way. 4:45 am and they say it is 34*F for our town. It is still dark out here so can't tell about the frost. We have had it a couple mornings but it only lasted for about an hour. I like Spring and Fall but not Winter and not the heat and humidity of July and August. This is the latest scrap project. I have a semi solid dirty looking tea dyed muslin only it isn't muslin. I have another quilt in progress of this pattern. It is almost done. I am going to just outline quilt this one. He has a dog and she is on the bed and it will be in the wash alot. Bashful has long hair and I don't think the free motion quilting is as masculine. I really need to get this started so I can have it done well in advance of the holidays. Other things to do. Chris



No comments: