Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Little quilting here and there

Not much to talk about today. The quilting is happening a little at a time. Have to stop soon and tuck threads in. Maybe tonight while watching a couple TV shows we watch.

While sewing I have been watching "The Vampire Diaries" on Netflix. 66 episodes from 3 seasons. We get it on a regular basis, but I didn't start watching it until the second season and I missed out on the back history. I think I have about 8 more to watch.

We have tomatoes and peppers up with the seed starting session we do every Spring. Hopefully we can get most of them in the ground in a few weeks. The ground just doesn't warm up really fast.

We are to get two days of hard rain in the next two. Up to 4 inches in areas around us. The Rock River which is about 2000ft. from my back door is just under 3 feet below flood stage. So the next week the run off from Wisconsin will be coming down stream and it could get close to being flood stage. Parts of Wisconsin still have tons of snow piled and then getting rain on top of it. We are about on the wides section of the Rock River and it can get out of control fast.
Where we are it would have to go up about 12 feet abuve flood stage to get to our house. At least the farmers are getting moisture unlike last year. Hopefully it maintains it through the growing season. Chris 

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

All of this rain should make easy digging in the garden, and easy digging out of overgrown perennials that have volunteered in places I don't want them.

Katie M. said...

A little here, a little there eventually leads to a lot getting done :-) I am so thankful that the middle states are getting some rain and some snow run off... I visited KS a couple years ago and was so sad to see the drought. Our AZ desert was greener than the corn fields. I pray that flooding is at a minimum....