Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Cutting and sewing

 Flannels I have collected for about 8 years were sitting there so I added some more and started cutting for rag quilts for the little ones. With it being flannel it is soft to the feel and it will be warm for sleeping this Fall and Winter.
I got the blocks cut for the rag quilts and had all these odd sized leftovers. So I cu them into 4 inch squares and pieced what I had into 4-patches. I then pieced the blocks together with 1 1/2 inch strips. All one color one way and another the cross row way. I think one more border and it will be called big enough for a little one to stay warm. 

Simple, but very usable. It will be in the wash and get softer and used again. It is a way to use up pieces, but also when you find it on sale at the end of the season makes the purchase price a little easier on the wallet. 

Christmas is getting closer are you thinking this way in 90 degrees weather. Chris

1 comment:

Julierose said...

Oh this is so cute--loving those candy colors..nice work hugs, Julierose