Saturday, January 13, 2018

Yesterday

I started with the row sewing on the first of January. I work on it awhile and then set it aside. 
Yesterday I got all the rows sewn together. I still have two outside sashing pieces to sew on. They are sewn, but not pressed. So sometime today it will be a completed top. 

I have to look for a back. Since it is a utility quilt I think it will be something neutral. Been trying to figure out quilting for it. I think just a diagonal quilting to cross all the blocks. 

This kind of quilt can be masculine or feminine. It has pinks in it and yet it is neutral enough it could be a guy quilt. 

It is almost queen sized. 4-patches are 2.5 inch squares sewn into 4-patches and the sashing is 2 inches wide and the cornerstones are 2 inches square. Really straight forward sewing. 

This is a true scrap quilt. Everything, but the kitchen sink is sewn into this one. Men's shirtings, solids, prints, plaids and stripes. When stitching the 2.5 inch squares together I just made sure there were not two of the same print or color in the 4-patches.

I have a bucket with 2.5 and 2 inch squares always cut. Then when I just need to sew I make 4 and 9 patches and put them away for a future project. The zippered bag had over three hundred 4-patches in it. I used 224 for this quilt. 

Hope you are sewing lots these cold Winter days. Hettie we know it is hot where you are. Chris

1 comment:

Frog Quilter said...

Really like your top. I love anything scrappy. Keep going, finish it up and start the next one. 🐸