Tuesday, September 3, 2013

What is your dream?

Diana Nyad the lady that swam from Cuba to the Keys said "Dreams don't have a timeline." At her age to be that fit to swim 110 miles is a dream come true for her.

So what are your dreams? Well mine has been to have a business, which I did with my husband. It was hard work, but it didn't pay the bills. So we gave it up and worked hard for other concerns. In the end the jobs we took played havoc with our health.

My dream today is to have time to accomplish all the sewing and quilting that are on my bucket list. I think I will be almost 200 at the rate I'm going.

It was a stressful day. In court twice over kids. I wasn't there, but my heart was. Only to have it continued. Not anything to get concerned about, but the delay is overwhelming.

My ultimate dream is to have peace and less strife going on in this Cruel Old World. Chris 

2 comments:

Katie M. said...

Anytime court is involved, there is stress. I always feel bad when it's a case of children involved - especially when it's children old enough to know what is happening. As for my dream.... If I was younger I would probably pursue opening my own quilting/crafting retreat. As I have attended 'a few' now, I have an insight of different things that from the absence of each one that I would like to include. But... at my age that is a dream and one that I wouldn't pursue :-) At this stage of my life, I am thankful for what I've been able to achieve, grab opportunities as they present themselves and muddle through each day with as much optimism as I can...

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

I'm so sorry to hear about court and the delay. I hope things are resolved soon. I know this is stressful for you and your family. :(

My dreams...I have been contemplating this subject a lot lately. I started out sewing because I needed an inexpensive hobby to keep me occupied while I stayed home with my children. Ten years, three kids, and many thousands of dollars later I find myself asking - what is all this for? Obviously at this point the goals have changed! It is no longer just a fun hobby to do in my spare time...but I don't want to spoil the enjoyment and creative spark by becoming some sort of mini-quilting empire either! LOL I think ultimately, I'd like to see my quilts in the big shows standing strongly against some of the great quilters out there - maybe even ribboning a time or two. When my kids are grown and on their own I'd like to make a full time career of quilting in some capacity - be it long arming or teaching or both. :)

Other than de-stressing, what are your dreams??? :)