Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas

So much was going on yesterday I didn't get any pictures taken at all. They all got here and we continued to cook until about 1 pm.

7 pizzas and cheesy garlic bread and a big pasta dish. Lots of leftovers for them to take home. The cleanup came and I was wore out. I was up cooking at 5:30am in the morning.

Everyone was real happy with what they got and they had leftovers to feed their families today also. But my oldest Granddaughter decided she wasn't loved and she moved out of her Dad's house. Destroyed us all. Dad fought in court for years and My husband and I have bent over backwards to help. 17 years old and the boyfriend means more to her than her family. He is in the service and not around.

We are walking in a bad dream right now. She is so close to being 18 and on her own it is scary.

So I am not sure what will happen today. I need to find something to keep me busy. Hope you are having  great Christmas. Chris

1 comment:

suzanne, dutchess county NY said...

Dear Chris,
I know this is so upsetting. I have been there myself. Our son did that same thing a few weeks shy of his 18th birthday. He stayed away right through his high school graduation. Once reality settled in and he realized home wasn't such a bad place he came back. He got his head together and focused and went to photography school. Since then he has grown up and seen the error of his ways and all our kids realize that perhaps mom and dad did know what they were talking about and tried to steer them in the right direction. She will come around or at least learn that life isn't like tv, or what her friends think is cool.
Until then try not to worry too much, make sure she knows she's welcome back and can always call if she needs someone to talk to. All you can do is hope she will remember the example set for her by her folks.