Sunday, June 11, 2017

Dreams didn't come true

Sitting here and trying to get motivated. I have been to the store to get done before the 90 degree heat starts in.

As a young adult and some years beyond I had a dream of being a fabric store owner. The reality hit that my cards were not stacked right. The jobs i had worked with fabric, but never enough money to support a business.

I tried to find a means and just wasn't to be. So when given lemons make lemonade???

Well the dream is hard to let go of, but I know it will never happen. It wasn't like I was handed a blank check and It could happen.

I now wish I had not been so heart set on that being my only goal in life. I am a wife and grandma.

If you have goals make them with reality in mind. My reality today is to get some sewing done and hopefully a finish on a quilt. Have a Great Day. Chris

3 comments:

barbara woods said...

our country wouldn't support a shop either, we have a bunch of quilters but still it's just not enough. We are in Ga. the n.west corner. and so far have had rain and cooler temps but I think it's about to change

Julierose said...

I think it's really a difficult thing with today's online stores (which, i admit I really use as there are no good fabric places close by)...We do have a Joanne's, which is ok, but it doesn't always have the types of fabrics or the choices...well, you are still quilting so that is good...
It's 91 here, hot, hazy and humid with a cloudy sky...glad for the warmth but wish it weren't humid--guess we are never satisfied, right? Hugs, Julierose

Adventurous Quilter said...

I have so many goals, some small and some not so small, that way I can progress in some of them and that can be enough. I hope you got that will finished today 😁