Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Made some strings today

I did a little sewing here and there and made about 15 string blocks today. Some day it will get done. LOL

I have this game I play with myself that I want to stay working at something even if I get bored with it. I would love to start something new, but trying to convince myself to stay current with what I am doing.

I have determined I need some more storage for my strips and squares. I think tomorrow I will be going out to see if I can find what I think I need.

I have been cutting some each day and then sewing up most of it after I get some variety. Strings take quite a few strips to make each one. I think I need something like laundry baskets so when I cut I can get lots stored up.

Someone I read their blog uses clear trash bags. I think it gets so tangled and it would fray the edges. Maybe I just don't get things sewn up quick enough..

I have been reading a couple sewing blogs and the sense is that more people are sewing their own garments again. It had been a craft sewing decade and garments were not even thought of.

I really think I will make some tops for myself, but I haven't found the right fabric. I really would like something with polyester in it for the ease of not having to press everything.

I looked local and I am frustrated. We use to have 6 fabric stores in a 12 mile square area around where I am from. Wal-mart and Joann's is all there is now.

Times will change and things will be more online and no touching fabric.

Off to do more sorting. Chris  

No comments: