Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Busy couple of Days

This is the quilt I am quilting in sections.
This is the back of the quilt. I have decided I will not quilt on a quilt with a plain back again. I think the prints hid any little mistakes better.

This if the middle of the quilt I call the Ugly quilt.


The yard work is on going. I have about two more days to get everything cut back for the Winter. I have little cuts on all my fingers from cutting back ornamental grasses. They have sharp little blades and it feel slike paper cuts. I want to get to the sewing room and need to but I also need to get the outside work done. Drawn between the good and the bad. While I am waiting for the sun to warm things up some today I plan on squaring up some quilt blocks. I need to get some batting cut to do quilting first assembly last. I have seen a new procedure on the TV show Simply Quilts. Which I taped a couple years ago when it was in reruns. It is Betty Cottons technic of taking traditional blocks and quilting then using connecting strips to piece the quilt together. She has several books out and also a website. http://www.quiltyard.com/. I really don't have a large table to wrestle a large queen sized quilt on. I have machine quilted king size quilts in pieces and then sewn together and they are very strong and you can't hardly tell they are pieced together in sections. Marti Michel has a book out on this method. http://www.frommarti.com/. Machine quilting can be scarry for most. It is a task that makes or breaks the over all look of the quilt in my opinion. Well I am not getting anything done sitting here on the puter. Chris

No comments: