Monday, March 19, 2018

Been busy??????

To start with I have had granddaughters overnight and also trying to get more done with cleaning.

My sewing room is overwhelming and I just hate to look for things. I started out yesterday with a cutting board and a pile of fabric that was laying out.

I got that all cut up and the to larger pieces put back into the totes I have fabric in. I need to do this for several days and them maybe just maybe I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

I am making string blocks as you saw in my previous post. so the goal was to add some different strings to my tub. 

While cutting up odd sized pieces I cut 1.5 inch, 2 inch, and 2.5 inch strips from the pieces. Those are the sizes I use most in my scrap quilts. 

I had these 9-patches like 250 of them already sewn. I added 2 inch strips to the outside of the 9-patches. I think I will continue  work on these as leaders and enders while sewing the string blocks. 

These are quite colorful and just using up things that have been laying out to use. Killing to birds with one stone. Sewing strings and finishing up blocks. 

I have to keep focused so I get more done today Maybe an hour of cutting and a couple hours of sorting and sewing. Some day it will make sense. 

I bought that old Singer machine and it is in the garage yet. I am trying to make space for it and it has become a challenge to make it work. 

SHHHHHH! I have more fabric coming today. I know what is a person to do? Most of it is to finish up a project that is started. 

I know many would say get rid of it, but I lived with a Mother that did that. If you don't use it get rid of it and she spent lots of money on replacing things she got rid of. 

Spring is around the corner. The Maple leaves are opening their buds hopefully they won't get froze off this year. 

Have a great Monday. Chris

No comments: