Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Ugly Quilt

This is getting closer to being done. I have about 6 hours more of machine quilting and then I can bind it
I made a generous drop on the sides. My husband likes to rollover and roll up in the quilt.

The reason as I have mentioned before is because they are colors I wouldn't normally use for a quilt. I had help from my Mom and some of the scraps she had to make this quilt.


There is a drop on the top that will cover the pillow. So it is more of a spread than just a quilt. With the red brown walls and a tea dyed bedskirt I am making it will look pretty masculine. Sometimes the ugliest pieces can turn out to be a beautiful quilt. I never thought it would be as good looking as it is. I wanted something masculine for that bedroom. Now I have another one started for my son. I will not put the brown border in the quilt it will be all the blocks and hopefully he will like it. He has a queen sized bed and he is tall and rolls up in a quilt too. Chris



1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That quilt really isn't that ugly. I'm sure some of the individual fabrics aren't too exciting but together they are OK. It does match the room well so you have made a decorating statement. It seemed like I never used to get around to making a quilt to go with the current paint color in my bedrooms. I decided a couple years ago I had to get over that and do it. Now I have 3 quilts for each bed that match the room.