Sunday, July 25, 2010

Almost done


I have made major progress. I have 1 1/2 blocks to quilt. It got so warm in the West room this evening and the warmth of the quilt on my lap I was sweating. I have the A/C on and it is way to warm in there. I will get up in the morning and get the last two finished and then the borders need some work also. Not sure what I am going to do with them. We have had a lot going on in our area this weekend. Air Show with John Travolta and his DC3 plane in it and also major flooding with the Mighty Mississippi raging and the Rock River flooding. My son is a Firefighter and EMT. He has been so busy this weekend rescuing people from the flood waters and getting them to dry ground. He is a 911 dispatcher in a small river town and he has been overwhelmed with calls and emergencies this weekend. He got home last night and shut his phone off. He didn't want to even hear it ring. Hopefully with the better weather things will crest and start to recede. I know other places in Iowa, Northern Illinois and the Chicago area are effected. The storms are headed for the East coast now. We aren't getting trouble from the hurricanes this year but from heavy rains in the interior of the states. Stay dry and safe. Chris

No comments: