Thursday, July 8, 2010

Another Purse

I worked all day yesterday sewing. I made tow purses. This is the one I think I made a mistake on. The tab in front has a dark flower base on a dark piece of denim. Lesson learned. I need to think through the color combinations. This is a gift for my neighbor's 81 year old mother. She will like it so I am not going to change it now. I have another purse made from a commercial pattern and I am frustrated with it.
It is a huge bag a Hobo bag and it doesn't look right to me. So today I rip it out and stat over with the pieces I have. Not sure how many more of these I am going to make. I need to find a quicker method of making them. I have been making them by doing the applique by hand. I guess need to brush up on my skills with the machine. I would like a black one for the winter. Maybe a little larger and have a matching smaller bag to slip in for quilting supplies while away from home.
I do like to take a project with me while waiting at an appointment. May have to brain storm on that one and see what kind of applique I can come up with for the main purse. Off to the sewing room and see what I can come up with. Chris

1 comment:

bettyp said...

I think yiou did a fantastic job on it!!haha!
I am a 'bag lady' too!!