Monday, April 23, 2012

Four more seams and Monday tip

I am up and no ambition to sew. I did a few seams and I need to get back in there and get the last 4 seams done. This is bright and cheerful in my book, but not to gaudy to be wild.
Today for the tip I have been thinking about what to write about. I think I figured it out. Tip for Monday is go with your gut feelings. I thought this through with using the bias cut triangles and then I thought better of it. I questioned the designer of the ruler and then I even emailed a friend and asked what she thought. Her opinion was about the same as mine and I decided that I would go with the designers way of doing the pattern. Not sure that was the right thing to do.  I now have a top that is somewhat wonky. I am sure once it is quilted it will be fine. I thought steam or spraying it would help when pressing. Well guess what the red bled into the white corner triangles. No ones fault the luck of the draw. This has happened before and yet I like to use red in my sewing of these scrappy blocks. I know I will use the Color Guard Sheets when I do wash this quilt. Learn from your experience and take away the better choice for your application. There is not one way only to do things. Do what works the best for you. I can say in making this one I at least did it once. Some things we don't mind repeating and sometimes others are left to only do once. 
After this is completed I am going to walk away and do some machine quilting. I need a break from all the piecing. I have a quilt that needs to be done and yet I keep putting it off. So my next goal is to complete the 9 patch in the square quilt. Hopefully before Mother's Day. Yes that is coming up quick. Chris  

No comments: