Sunday, May 25, 2014

Two mornings of slicing and dicing

The last two mornings I devoted about 5 hours to cutting up scraps. Some were smaller pieces out of the stash, but most were scraps that have been around for awhile.

The picture above is 2.5 inch squares and strips. This is 1 in. 1.5 in, and 2 inch strip which were leftover as I was cutting the strips from the pieces. They will get put in their correct sized tubs later this afternoon.

I had two tubs cut of 2.5 inch squares and it made these 70 9-patches that are 6.5 inch blocks. I usually use between 100 and 120 for a queen sized quilt. The tubs are about 1.5 gallon sized. 

Here is another handful that needs pressing and cut to work with the sizes I use. I'm trying to get more of it out and used up. I make strips and squares in different sizes so I always have something to work with. Have a Great Memorial Day and remember those that served and lost it all for our great lives we have. Chris

No comments: