Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Doing the best I can do

My title says it all. I have many tops sewn together, but never seem to get them quilted. so message to myself was Quilt As You go methods is my choice for now. 
I wound bobbins and used a pile of batting scraps that were laying there and then I found a piece of backing fabric in my Mother's stash so I started. 

I did mostly stitching in the ditch on these blocks. They are 11 1/2 inch squares. The center 9-patch is only 2 1/4 inch squares. They were tiny pieces from a zippered bag I bought at a thrift store. I thought I would stitch them together then just kept going. No there is no pattern. I just kept sewing until I was pleased with the looks. 

They have been done for about two years. I thought I am not getting tops quilted and I need space for storage. I had about 30 of these laying there and I wasn't happy with what was on TV so this took me and hour to do three. 

I like the look and a mottles tan stip will connect the blocks when I go to sew them all together. For today after my big shopping day for the month I will go back and sandwich a few and stitch when I can. 

Look outside the box and figure out how to make it work at this point is my goal. I use pieces others would throw out and yet I am making a pleasing look with this scrappy quilt. One piece at a time and at my pace is the goal today. 

Hope you have a great day. Chris

No comments: