Saturday, July 6, 2013

Making slow progress

I don't think this quilt will ever end. It is getting closer, but now I can't sit very long at the machine. My sciatic nerve is killing me. I did some stencil tracing and then decided to do more stitching to outline it a little more. Not sure you can see the details because I used white thread. I think after it is washed and dried it will show more depth to the outline stitching. 
I can sit for about 45 minutes to an hour and a half and then have to move. I change chairs also used a pillow behind the small of my back for support. Nothing really works. Old age isn't agreeing with me at all.
Tomorrow I have two more of the white sections to mark and stitch and then the final borders can be assembled and sewn in place. I think I am going to make them and quilt them before I attach to the middle of the quilt. The weight is getting hard to handle under the needle. Remember it was to be twin and is now a queen. Chris Stay cool. Really hot and humid here.

1 comment:

Patty Cramer said...

Hello, I saw your link from Wanda's blog. I had some back/sciatica problems and went to the chiropractor. They gave me an exercise that might help. You get next to the bed, on your knees. You put your two arms across each other on the bed and put your forehead on your hands. You then release yourself to go down with your hiney on your legs. I do that 25 times a day and find it helpful. If it doesn't make sense, let me know!!! Beans look marvelous!!