Saturday, July 30, 2011

Thoughts on Quilting

No pictures today sorry. The first thought is I don't have enough time to finish all I want to. The second thought is will it matter if I don't have enough time? I am not an Heirloom quilter, just a quilter who likes to handle fabric. I know others have said heirloom quilting is all you leave behind,I mean no whole cloth hand stitched lifetime quilt.
I am a scrap quilter most of the time and I really do envy others work. I guess I am a want-a-be quilter.
I have been cutting and organizing since the room got cleaned. I cut for about 2 hours yesterday. Today I think I will do some sewing. My Mom said if I sewed 24 hours a day for the next century I still wouldn't get everything done. She is probably right. Now the next issue is Here I am on the computer and not at the machine. LOL So what is more important. Speak our thoughts for others to appreciate, laugh at or ponder or be in there to sew quilt and create. Ok I know you all think I am nuts as I think too and I should get the kester up and get into the sewing room. At least the computer isn't in the same room. I tried that for awhile and I never got anything done. Hope some can relate to my frustrations and laugh with me. I know I am not sewing enough said BYE. Chris

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Sewing should be a fun thing that you do because you want to. You should be making what you like to make to, not what you think someone expects you to make. I think blogging is important so eveyone who reads knows you are OK. If you posted one photo and typed one line you kept the connection with others without spending a lot of time.

Anonymous said...

Regardless.....you sure sound happy. Enjoy the moment, the "now." I am the same kind of quilter you are. There will be no heirloom quilts because I'm not that good but I enthusiastically produce quilts for my family that are used all the time. I've been doing it for so long that several quilts have just become plain old worn out. How wonderful is that? I loved making them and in turn, they were loved......to pieces. LOL.

Liz said...

I didn't mean to be anonymous, darnit!