Friday, July 22, 2011

Who do I blame for this??

My sister came last week as I told she would. She did bring 5 bags of fabric. Now what do I do with it all? It is sitting on my freezer and I have to get it put away tomorrow.

She owned a designer bear business and dressed all the bears with real dressy clothing. Most of it is linen and cotton velveteen. Some lace and satin and taffeta fabrics are in the bag. This bag had some cotton prints in it that I can use for quilting. She told me she had a small box of fabric and she came with 5 bags full. I finally told her I would maybe do a crazy quilt with the velveteens and taffeta and satins.
I thought I would like to try my hand at all the embroidery stitches and the trimmings of a throw. Maybe I am dreaming, but I can't see good fabric go to waste. Now[as I am scratching my head] I need to find a spot for it. Under my bed, shoot I have it full now what? Chris


2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

When someone does that to me, I go through it, pick out what I want and pass the rest along to someone else who will use it. If you keep it all it will be a guilt trip resting on your shoulders and I don't think you need that.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Greetings from Tunisia! Hope you're over your heat wave. Nice thing about July and August in Tunisia is that the grass stops growing (ok it turns yellow but it bounces right back as soon as it rains). Your garden is lovely and I agree with you about grandchildren being a gift and the downs of buying fabric online. I've enjoyed your blog and seeing your quilts.
best, nadia
PS: the trick to fabric storage is really that you've got a space to organize it in. If you don't, keep only what you're reasonably sure you'll use, and gift the rest. Once I had to clean out my stash (painful) and it looked and felt so much better afterwards.