Saturday, March 10, 2012

This top needs finishing

This top was done before Christmas and yet it isn't quilted. The backing fabric was bought before Christmas also. I cut the selvages off and need to press the backing and get it pieced together. Then I can get it sandwiched. It is 93X111inches. I should have made it in sections and quilted each section and pieced them together. Oh Well It is what it is and I will have to wrestle with it. This is for my Mother and it is going to be her 84th birthday on April the 1st. It is a dark quilt and yet she doesn't like dark colors. She loved this one when I was making it.


This is the backing fabric. I bought it at a shop for 50% off and bought all they had. It is about 1.5 yards to small, but I have some black prints that I am going to piece on the back. Not a heirloom quilt so a pieced back will work. I have to get the ironing board out and get this fabric pressed. It is washed, but until I use the larger pieces I don't press them. Wish me luck on handling this large monster. Chris


2 comments:

Hettie Pringle said...

I like the colors too but gosh the size of this thing!! You have my very best wishes in struggling through it but..... it can be done.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

that is a big one to wrestle with while quilting. It would almost be worth it to pick apart a seam and do it in 2 sections.