Sunday, October 13, 2013

One goal met......

The jacket is complete. Set that goal yesterday and I stuck to it until it was done. Color isn't true in the picture. It is a navy blue corduroy and a white flannel with pink rosebuds and green leaves. Should get her through the Fall winds and dampness.  

I lined the hood and attached a self ruffle to the hood. The draw string is there to draw it up around her head.

The sleeves were long which she may need extra in the Spring with growing so I added an elastic ruffled attachment to the end of the sleeve to draw up the opening so the air doesn't do up the open sleeves. It can be worn with the cuff turned up or down.

One more thing done. The sewing cabinet is cleaned off. All that is there is the string blocks which is next on the agenda. I have to cut connecting strips  and corner stones. The navy print with gray corner stones will pull it all together.  

As you can see there are some pinks and purples in these string blocks, but I think it will work for a guy when all done. I have 80 of these blocks made and I need to get the calculator out and figure sashing sizes and what the finish quilt will be when the top is assembled. Other than the batting and sashing this top cost me nothing. They were strips and pieces leftover from other quilts. My kind of project. No money to speak of. Chris

2 comments:

Exuberant Color said...

The jacket is so cute. She will be nice and warm for many months. We don't seem to get into the really cold weather as early now.

The string quilt will be really pretty and I think good for a guy too.

Katie M. said...

Love that little jacket! I love to sew for little girls and my GD is almost 4, but I have never, ever seen her wear anything I made for her, so I just don't sew for her anymore...