Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Scrappy crumb blocks

These are 4.5 inch blocks. I made them from scraps that are cut offs from cutting pieces up for other quilts. I have a huge tub full of all sizes and colors. If I can't cut it into a square triangle of a strip that is usable I throw them in this tub. 

If I'm bored or want a fun hour or two I start working on this tub. I mix it up and dig deep in for some of them. 

I then cut them to be a square 4.5 inches and go onto the next one. I have worked on these off and on during the last couple months. This will work up into a baby quilt. We are going to be grandparents again in Sept. 

I plan on sashing them, but waiting on gender test coming up in May. Then get it done and it will be ready when the time comes.  Chris   

1 comment:

Julierose said...

this will be so cute and scrappy--great idea for all those leftovers...hugs, Julierose