Thursday, August 18, 2011

This is what I did today

I thought I had a bright idea. Well I am not so sure now. I am not for sure I did this right and also if I even like it.

I wanted to make some Victorian Christmas stockings with the cotton velveteen I was given.

There is rayon velvet taffeta and brocade in this also. I thought I was smart to cut a pattern out and make a base to stitch the velveteens onto. The foundation is of a softly woven twill cotton. First mistake. It stretched. Then the velveteen slid and I have a puckered sock front. Then the stitching on top also made it more ruffled and rumpled looking. I will finish it, but I think it will be the last one I make. Also I think I have to many dark colors. With the embroidery it does lighten it up some, but still dark. I know Victorian era looking stuff is dark.

I did make some more HST blocks. I think I have about 18 done and maybe I will make 30 so over half way there. Chris

No comments: