Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Windows open finally and the coffee tastes good

The horrible heat wave has broke here. It was 58*F first thing this morning. Needless to say the windows are open. Tired of the A/C running. I bought a different coffee grind the other day and I think I like it better. When I was young my Mom shopped at a A&P store. They had a brand name of Eight O'clock coffee. You ground it right at the store and took it home with you. I found it again and the bitter taste other coffee's has isn't there. Taste good to me.

Here are the scrappy blocks I made early in the Spring. I had been looking for fabric for the sashing and I found some a couple weeks ago. This is the width of the bed and four rows all connected together. 6 more rows and then the borders. I will be glad to get this closer to finished.

The County fair is this week and the grandkids want to go. Not sure I am up to walking the fair with them. Dad is working today so maybe tonight he can take them to the fair. What kids doesn't like the County Fair. Can you tell we live in a rural area? Chris

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The quilt is looking good!!

Katie M. said...

Love your scrappy quilt - it should be shown in the county fair!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Isn't the weather glorious!? I've been quiet for the las few weeks, but I have been reading and following what you have been up to. I didn't want you to think I had disappeared on you. =)