Monday, August 8, 2011

We are embroidering

Derek decided he wanted to embroider a sub machine gun. What a thing to embroider, but if it keeps him busy no big deal. He is 10 years old and he likes to do things like that once in a while.


Here is the image he traced it off of. He uses the picture window as a light box.






Taylor is working on a butterfly pattern she started last winter. She likes doing it also. She is 12 years old now.







She has been doing it long enough now she does nice even small stitches with her outline stitch.

It is raining out and not much else to do without their video games here. So they do like to try other things from time to time. I think all kids need to know how to sew so they can do minor repairs and sew on buttons. Chris










1 comment:

Deb said...

Your post makes me laugh!! I have three sons...and that is exactly the kind of thing THEY would have chosen to embroider. Especially my oldest. He is 22 now, but when he was about 2, he once nibbled a piece of cheese into the shape of a gun. Boys will be boys!!

Your daughter, on the other hand, reminds me of me at her age. I loved to embroider. I worked away on a group of Aunt Martha iron on kitchen towels--one for each day of the week.

Deb