Sunday, May 7, 2017

More digging

This quilt has been done for about 5 years. My mother had given me about 2-3 dozen HST's one time and I took off from there. They are 3 inch HST's unfinished and 2 1/2 inches when sewn into the block. I made 16 patch blocks and then used a sashing and corner stones. I then added 3 borders. It is Full sized. It need to be laundered and freshen it up. I have been looking for it and found it in the extra bedroom closet being stored. 

This is the other thing I found in that room. It is rectangles sewn into a square block. They are 2 inch strips cut into 3 1/2 inch logs. It take 18 logs to make this block. Then when setting them together I turned it so no seams have to be matched. My kind of quick sewing. 

I think i have enough for a queen sized quilt. This will just be pieced with no borders. True scrappy quilt. Chris 

No comments: