Thursday, March 3, 2011

Boy am I a Pig

I am embarrassed to say the least. I have let everything really go around here. This is a hand made stain glass lamp shade my Step Father made for me many years ago. We have moved it about 12 times. I think about 4 times just in this house. He made stain glass shades and windows for all of us kids. He has been gone for about 10 years now and I want to hang onto this for a long time.
Here it is lit up. I haven't cleaned it for a long time and today I spent about 20 minutes getting all the dust and grime off of it. It is pretty lit up, but now it lights up much brighter because I cleaned it. I might use the motif in it for a border on a quilt sometime. The shapes would be beautiful in a quilt border. Glad I thought about that. LOL. Many stain glass patterns can be used for quilting shapes or applique. So many times we look just to quilting patterns for our choices for quilting. Stain glass patterns and coloring books are a great source. Another one is tole painting patterns are good also. Having been a librarian I try to look outside the box for patterns and choices. Back to cleaning.
Chris

1 comment:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Chris...you are NOT a pig. =(