Saturday, March 19, 2011

Working on this UFO

Finally got all the applique pieces made and stitching them down today. I burned my hand on the iron. It was on for about three hours. You know it still hurts. Here are two more to be stitched. The pinning is done and the lines drawn for the embroidery.
There are four of them all together. I plan on a wall hanging for my Mother for her 83rd birthday which is April 1st. Maybe by tomorrow I can get the sashing and borders on the pieces and then start the quilting.


She has a small entry way and the wall as you walk in the door has a curtain rod hung up so she displays different wall hangings on it different times of the year. I have made her a couple and she likes something new to look at from time to time. She doesn't applique. She pieces all her quilts. At her age her hands don't work well. She did a lot of needlepoint for years. I have a door open and an old movie on and stitching away. Chris

No comments: