Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tried Somthing

I know I said I tried something. I tried machine applique with the blind hem stitch because I don't have the blanket stitch on this machine. But I did turn the seam allowance under to make the pieces more like hand applique.
I tried stitching as close to the edge of the applique shape and only biting the very edge. It is ok, but I still like the hand look better. I just don't have all the time I would like to get everything done I would like to do.

I think with practice I could perfect it more. I was advised to use thin thread and maybe the one I chose wasn't as thin as I would like in the future. I used a 50wt. and maybe a 60wt embroidery thread would be better. I will have to look for that the next time I get to the fabric shops. This is stem work on a center medallion for the Sampler UFO.


I still have centers to press and then stitch down and the center to this quilt is done. Maybe in a couple days I will have another top all complete. Weather is cold this morning, but suppose to get to 40*F today. Maybe the walk will be a better off in the sunlight today. Chris



1 comment:

Exuberant Color said...

I would narrow that down to .5 if your machine will do that. It looks like you are really steady on your stitching.