Saturday, October 29, 2011

Do I have the discipline to do this

I have put aside all things I want to do. I have concentrated on Christmas things and now I am at a stand still with them. Not because I don't have things to do, but because I am not disciplined enough to do them. I want to do hand applique and I want to get things done, so what should I do??

Here is a project I am at a stand still on. I need to finish this, but I am at odds as to why to finish it. It was to be a gift and now thew reason for the gift is an ugly subject. Family issues which we will not discuss. I think I am burned out. I did a lot of piecing for several months and the reason to get them done was for Christmas gifts. I really want to finish them. I think the real problem was I started to sandwich the green quilt top I have and the backing wasn't big enough. I had to undo all my efforts to smooth things out right and add pieces. Now I am not in the mood to go back and start over.

I wanted to go to a quilt shop today and instead my time was taking my husband to the hardware store. The bathroom faucet broke last night and needed replacing. Money not planned on. Oh Well can't take it with me right. LOL

Tomorrow is the day we do the shopping. I am taking my Mom and we will make it a whole afternoon journey. So I guess I make myself go in and start over on the sandwiching process. Frustrations are going to hit me I know and I will want to give up. Persistence and maybe I can convince myself this is the right thing to do. sigh! Chris



1 comment:

Katie M. said...

Sounds like me.... I get frustrated with something, I don't want to work on it anymore! So, I don't.... I work on something else and then go back to the project that frustrated me. I have found that if I keep going back to the same thing, I tend to keep making mistakes. It's better for me to just step away and do something else.