Thursday, September 6, 2012


I have put off doing this. I finally cut some stems and then decided I needed to get started on this applique work on the borders. I cut the stems and started laying them out. Well I wanted to be sure the flowers were seen right so I pinned and re pinned several times. I have changed leaves and flowers as I first laid them out. I have a center on the peach flower to add and I have several leaves to get put in the right places, but I think you can see it will be colorful. The flowers are smaller pieces of the EPP. I cut some of them down to make a different sized flower as if they were just opening up.

I need to get this side done and make a tracing of the layout so I can duplicate it on the other three sides. Yes it is out of sequence because I wasn't sure what I was going to do when I started. Nothing like flying by the seat of your pants and hoping it works out.
I figure jump in and it will work out sooner than later. Chris


Katie M. said...

I love the 'buds'. I can hardly wait to see the finished quilt.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

This is so pretty, Chris!!