Monday, July 9, 2012

A Few Done

Making some progress with the flower blocks. It is slow. I do this in the morning or in the evening while watching TV. I have a few more ready to be stitched to the blocks, but it all comes in good old time. I think the contrast will work with the alternating blocks of light and dark. I wish I had enough of the green, but that is the way it is.

I have more color combinations laid out for more flowers, but wanted to get these stitched to the backgrounds before they became distorted. Bias edges are all around the flowers.






As you can see any colors will work if you get the right two main colors to come together.




This is the next to be stitched. It is pinned within an inch of it's life to the background. I have a tray of threads sitting beside my chair and when the mood strikes me I can stitch a few petals in place.


Weather is cooler today and the grass needs a trim job. We have watered and in spots it is long others it it all brown. I have beans and peppers to pick and do and I will be in and out today. Have a Good One. Chris





1 comment:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

This will be a beautiful quilt!