Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Well did some sewing

Not the best of pictures. I don't have a good spot to lay something out with a neutral background for picture taking.  This is 10inch blocks when stitched and this is 18 blocks 6X3 right now. Need 36 blocks for the center of the quilt so half done.
I have been using scraps and a piece of mottled tea stained muslin. for the connecting light colored borders. It really look sold fashion to me and yet it is brighter colors than a quilt from the era it would have been made in. It is called POTC or Points of the Cross quilt block. Inklingo has a down loadable templates to print out for this or you can buy the reusable template forms for the English paper piecing. I chose to make my own templates from printer paper and cut out all the templates and hand stitch them together. This is my TV watching project and to go sewing.  Chris

2 comments:

Katie M. said...

Looking good, Chris

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is going to be a beautiful quilt!