Sunday, April 16, 2017

Why are Holidays so hard?

I have really had a hard time coping today. I have spent holidays with just my husband many times before. I chose not to have a big tahdo today. I thought the boys needed to go to in-laws today.

Another year with out my parents and my oldest gradndaughter has nothing to do with us anymore. Why do families fall apart?

I knew when I aged which I have, that things would change. You go through being empty nesters to Grandchildren growing up and having their own lives.

Just another stage in life.

Tomorrow is another day and we will have granddaughters again for several hours. Mom and Dad have some things to do together without little hands.

Hope all of you had a nice day today. Chris


2 comments:

Jean said...

Chris, Holidays are hard for a lot of people, so you aren't alone I am much older than you and have gone to church and spent the rest of the day at home with food I can eat, as I have a lot of limitations. I am a widow, 16 years now. We don't have big family gatherings any more either, as family is all over the world, and some of them have their challenges. I find the best thing is to plan to do something I like to do, and get enough rest. Blessings, Jean in Iowa

Hettie said...

Hi Chris I don't think families really do fall apart but we (as grandparents) must realise that our kids and grandchildren have to live their lives and sometimes what may feel to us like they have abandoned us, is just a matter of their lives, friends, activities getting in the way.
We are however fortunate to still have a hobby to prevent us from getting lonely even though we feel alone.