Monday, May 31, 2010

Quilt top done

I worked yesterday and last night on this quilt top. I wanted two borders after the yellow border around the blocks. Wanda from http://ExuberantColor.blogspot.com suggested Kona Snow and I just happen to have some and it matched the white in the blocks. Thanks Wanda for the suggestion.
The fabric in the top was from the 40's and 50's so I was lucky to find something that worked. We changed out rental property for our birds. We had the big birdhouse there for about 4 years. The lower one was in the house with plants in the roofs. It has the openings for birds also. Then today Todd my stepson and his wife Amber came and brought me a huge Bleeding Heart plant. It is a pink one. Most of the day that area is in the shade from the Pines trees. You also go a nice view of my neighbors back yard from that angle.




This is the kind of sky we have been seeing today. In fact this is clearer than what we were seeing. Little Spring showers. Not that they amount to anything other than make it more steamy. Hope everyone had a safe Memorial Day. Chris



1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad the Kona snow worked for it. the border looks great.