Monday, January 24, 2011

Hands out of shape

I think this will be really pretty when it is all completed. I haven't done this much hand work in a long time and my wrist and fingers are sore. Now I guess I need to soak them in dish water. LOL Yesterday I did all the embroidery and then started on the quilting.
Lots of embroidery and basting and hand quilting all have made me do a lot of thinking that I really like the hand done look.


I got the border picked out and got them sewn on after all the embroidery, Then I layered it and basted. After quilting around the flower and petals I then marked it for the grid work. I can't wait until I can take all the basting out and remove all the washout marker.





The grid work was in and out of the applique pieces and a lot of traveling the threads between the layers. But I am not done yet. I have some add ons that will take place in the next couple days.
You will have to stay tuned to see what they are. I am mentally thinking about what I can do next for hand work. Now back to the cleaning. It hasn't happened. But I need to find my Templar plastic. You know how you put something so you know where it will be the next time you need it. Well I can't and I say can't find it. So I guess the cleaning will have to happen because I know I have about 5 unused sheets of it someplace, but where only the sewing ghost knows.
Do you have a sewing ghost? Well at my house the ghost takes my scissors and my needles and hides Templar plastic. I am sure you all know what I mean. I don't have any animals except my husband {did I say that??}. He doesn't set foot in the door afraid something will get him in there. Fine with me. He does pick up my sewing scissors and over the year used my best sewing shears to cut carpet with. So much for that pair of scissors.
Well I think I am going to take a nap and dream some more. Chris

1 comment:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Chris, that is seriously going to be beautiful when it is finished. I love it...