Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Little Bit of Progress

I dealt with snow yesterday and also doing laundry and dishes that I couldn't get to the day before because of the visit to the hospital for 5 1/2 hours. I went into the sewing room and decided cleaning one surface at a time was better than nothing. These are fabric scraps that my Mother several months ago threw away. I salvaged them from her garbage. She still laughs about it. I am cutting strips for a scrap quilt and they were on the table I started with. Now I can go in and do some sewing and make some progress besides cleaning.
As I slice and dice I am cutting two sizes of strips for these blocks for this scrap quilt. Not very big. 1 1/2 X 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 X 3 1/2 inches. But they are usable for this size of blocks.
See the waste basket is filling up. My Mother says she will never hear the end of this that she threw usable fabric away. She works with larger pieces as she gets older easier for her hands to work with. There is always someone that can use the scraps you don't feel are usable. If you belong to a guild take them and someone will be happy to get them.

We are getting flurries and today is a good day to stay in and get more sliced up and more thrown away. Back to this table to get some more done. Chris

1 comment:

dióhéj said...

:)))

I also don't throw away remaining material.