Monday, August 8, 2016

Had to get out and take a tour of the yard

These are some planters we bought this year. My husband decided to paint them with the Hammered Copper paint and then antique them before they got put away for the season. I think they really look great. 

Hibiscus is starting to bloom. This flower is about 9-10 inches across the bloom. 

Here is a planter I amde up this year with small sedums and succulants in it. I think it is really doing well. I think we are going to try and bring them in for the Winter. 

Morning glory's growing up around the pole and birdhouse. They are just starting to bloom good. 

 This has purple blooms opening everyday.
This is the birdhouse out in front. It has pink and purple flowers on it.

They are a pretty pink. They are annuals and you have to plant them from seed every year. 

This is another planter that I bought already made up. I think it will come in also. 

Some call these Black Eyed Susan's. But they are Rudbeckia. They are a hybrid of the road side flowers in our neck of the woods. They are such a rich color of yellow.

This is just a few of the pictures I have of my flowers. I thought it would be nice to share. Chris  

1 comment:

sewyouquilt2 said...

so so pretty. love your flowers. mine didnt do so well with the dryness this year, even my roses didnt bloom. I was not happy. but hey who am I in the scheme of things right>