This is more sewing I did as power stitching that I made mini blocks over time. These started out as a tub of 1.5 inch strips I cut and sewn into 4-patches so when they were assembled they became 2.5 inch 4-patches. I had almost 150 I think stitched together.
Yesterday in my digging I came across a 2.5 yard piece of this country blue dot. I decided it would work for the alternating square with the 4-patches to become a 16-patch them. So I cut 2.5 inch squares and started sewing like mad.
This needs pressing, but you can see it goes together quickly. This will be the next utility quilt when I get the top finished. This becomes an 8.5 inch square block when all sewn together. Lots larger than the other one.
Here again power sewing and using up scraps from the strip tubs pays off. Simple looking, but not wasting anything.
Sun is out but rather chilly compared to a few days ago. Happy Spring everyone. Chris