Monday, September 8, 2014

Picture outside

Suppose to start raining and rain for a couple days. So quick ran out to get a better picture. It isn't to far off. Sitting in front of an open door and it is cooling down fast. The sun is setting and the air is going to be really cool overnight. 

Still pulling threads. Will do that for awhile tonight and then will get it done in the morning. I do not like the corners so I think I will rip them out and go in a different direction. This started out as leftover HST's and squares. So I kept sewing them up a few every day. So sooner than later I had enough to make the big blocks. I saw online a picture of a HST's quilt with 1/2 inch squares. I'm not that crazy, but that is what inspired me to use these up. 

I was browsing the web yesterday and I am amazed at all the quilters out there. Locally a Quilt store owner said that quilting was dying out. I can't see where. Maybe sales are down because of the economy, but people are using their stash and making do more. I know I am. Back to pulling threads Chris

2 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

That a a beautiful quilt!!

Quoting slowing down? I don't see that either!

Jill said...

This is a vibrant scrap quilt. I like your sashing between the blocks. Making one is on my list.