Thursday, September 11, 2014

Somewhat motivated

With a closer due date set I decided I needed to get a baby quilt done. I had these scrappy crumb block stars made and decided I needed to do some serious quilting to get this done. I stitched in the ditch and around the star points. Just wasn't enough.

I chose a decorative stitch on my machine and quilted the seams between the crumbs on the center square. It gives it a little more delicate look for a girl I think. Also looks  more a like crazy quilt blocks that were done by hand. With this being a baby quilt and in the wash all the time decided the hand work wasn't a good option. 

Each block has a different negative space around the star points. 

Some of the colors are darker, but the overall look is different than most baby quilts. No one will have one just like it. I think I need to make some more of these to have some here for when they have sleep overs. This is a very light weight batting so it will work when in blanket sleepers to have just something to wrap them up with. 

Autumn has decided she doesn't like long sleeved shirts. She doesn't like the feel on her arms. Mom put one on her the other day and she figured out to get her arms out and got it stuck on her ears or she would have had it off. Mom and Dad are going to have their hands full with a toddler who tries anything and everything and a newborn. 

More pictures will come tomorrow when the daylight is better for pictures. Have a good evening. Chris

No comments: