Friday, November 27, 2015

Been busy, but no sewing

The last few days I have been so busy sorting pitching and cleaning out this room. I culled 150 lbs of quilting magazines from a bookcase. I am donating them, but that was a lot of sorting.

Today we got the last room of carpet installed. We are just getting the furniture put back in the room. I am having Thanksgiving dinner here on Sunday so I have to make some semblance of order out of this.

Well another bomb shell hit this morning. We have to get the furnace and A/C replaced sooner than we wanted to. So just before Christmas we will have this bill facing us. We noticed a soot that shouldn't be there and it is a sign the heat exchanger is going bad. The carbon monoxide detector hasn't gone off so I think we are alright until the furnace can get installed.

Hopefully the come on Monday and we don't have to be without heat for very long. They have to be on the roof to replace the pipe and before the ice and snow is up there it would be a better time. Things wear out and I think this has been on the downhill slide for awhile. So sorting and putting things away. Chris

No comments: